Volunteers play an important role in supporting Lakeland Arts at Blackwell, the Arts & Crafts House, and Windermere Jetty, Museum of Boats, Steam and Stories.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
Volunteering is a great way to keep active and meet visitors and fellow volunteers.
There’s a lot of satisfaction in assisting our visitors, and in promoting the arts and heritage in Cumbria.
As a volunteer you’ll get to see behind the scenes at a busy gallery or museum, working alongside our experienced curators and visitor experience team.
In addition our active volunteers also receive:
- Free admission to Blackwell and Windermere Jetty
- 50% discount in our cafés
- 10% discount in our shops
- A Northern Museums Pass which offers free admission to over 250 museums and galleries throughout the North of England.
If you are interested, check-out the vacancies below, or get in touch: email@example.com
Current volunteer vacancies:
Volunteer Finance Support Assistant
We’re delighted that you’re interested in joining the ambitious team at Lakeland Arts as a Volunteer Finance Support Assistant. You might be studying to be an accountant and looking for that experience on your CV, or you may have been working in finance roles but aren’t quite ready to give up the calculator. You may just really like numbers and being organised. Whatever your motivation, we’re keen to talk to you.
This will be an ongoing regular role.
Blackwell Volunteer Stewards
Volunteer Stewards help us provide a warm welcome to all our visitors to Blackwell. They help by assisting visitors, providing additional information about the house, and helping to complete visitor surveys.
We’re looking for volunteers with a friendly and welcoming approach to ensure our visitors get the most from their visit. A general interest in history, and the Arts & Crafts movement can help; however we’ll provide plenty of information and training about the house.
Volunteer Participation Assistant
If you are looking to try something new and can spare a few hours of your time, then why not join us as a volunteer to support our weekly programme of creative activities and events at Blackwell and Windermere Jetty.
Working closely with families, children and young people, you’ll join a small, friendly, team and will be immersed in the daily operation of an established museum.
This will be an ongoing regular role and will support (but not limited to);
- Water Babies at Windermere Jetty. Wednesday’s 8.30am – 11.30am
- STEAM Squad at Windermere Jetty. Saturday’s, twice a month 9.30am – 1.30pm
- Arts & Crafts Club at Blackwell. Saturday’s, twice a month 9.30am – 1.30pm
- Family activities at Blackwell and Windermere Jetty held every day from 11am – 3pm* during school holiday’s. Times may vary.
Find out more about this opportunity.